Lushan Mountain Rock Paintings: The rock paintings are found on the northern slope of Nanshan Mountain in Jianghe Township, Tianjun County. They are also known as Lumanggou Rock Paintings, which were created in the late North ern Dynasty (A.D.386-581), the Sui Dy nasty (A.D.581-618) and the Tang Dynasty (AD.618-907). These masterpieces of rock paintings showcase exquisite craftsmanship, unique styles and rich contents. They depict people, animals, plants, as well as scenes of hunting, herding and dancing, presenting vivid pictures of the ancient culture of the Oaidam Basin area.
Mount Lu or Lushan officially named Mountain Lu National Park, is a mountain in China. It was also known as Kuanglu in ancient times. It is situated in Jiujiang in Central China.
Other Attractions and features
Popular attractions in Mount Lu include the Immortal Caverns, Meilu Outhouse, Five Old Man Peaks, White Deer Cavern Academy, Three Tiled Springs, Luling Lake, Lushan Hot Springs, Botanical Gardens, the Bamboo Temple, Guanyin Bridge, Peach Blossom Garden, Catholic Church of Mount Lu, and many more.
- The Lushan Botanical Gardens features tens of thousands of plant species.
- Below the Five Old Men Peak is the White Deer Grotto Academy, named after the poet Li Bo, who raised white deer there. It is one of the most famous higher learning institutions in ancient China.
- West is the Flower Path which provided inspiration to Bai Juyi, a famous poet who lived during the Tang Dynasty.
- Between the Yangtze River and Lake Poyang lie the Greater and Lesser Tianchi Lakes, the Jingxiu Valley, and Lulin Lake. On the north bank of the latter is the Lushan Museum, which features pottery and bronzes dating from various periods of ancient China, as well as calligraphy from the Tang Dynasty and paintings from the Ming and Qing dynasties.
- At the centre (between three peaks), and at an altitude of over 1 kilometer above sea level, is the town of Guling, which is linked by a mountain highway to neighboring spots in the region.
- World-famous Lushan Clouds and Mist Tea is grown in the mountains.
Transport: Take a long-distance bus from Xining to Tianjun.
Hope you enjoyed reading about “Lushan Mountain Rock Paintings”. Please do share your thought in the comment section below.