License: Royalty Free or iStock source
While having romantic date nights and spending quality time with your significant other at home is important and is an excellent way to grow your bond, many couples find themselves wanting to break out of their normal routine. There are many ways to do this, but one of the best ideas is to go away on a trip together.
Romantic getaways offer you and your significant other a unique experience in which you can create cherished memories and spend time alone together, while also enjoying a new and exciting place. However, once you have decided that you want to take a romantic getaway with your loved one, you have to actually choose your destination, which can be a stressful decision.
Choosing Your Destination for a Romantic Getaway
Although trying to agree on the place you want to go or finding a trip that is affordable for you and your special someone can be difficult, it doesn’t have to be. Depending on many factors, such as the type of trip you want to take, cost and what activities you want to do, you can easily narrow down your choices. However, if you are still having trouble choosing a romantic destination, consider visiting one of the following places for your getaway:
- Paris, France – known as the city of love, Paris offers a true mix of romantic activities, from visiting the Eiffel Tower and shopping at famous stores, to leisurely enjoying delicious Parisian food and wine.
- The Virgin Islands – whether you visit the British or American Virgin Islands, you can enjoy snorkeling, sailing, swimming with dolphins, relaxing on the beach and more as you travel from island to island.
- Tuscany, Italy – with unique scenery, a huge variety of art collections, delicious and filling Italian food, hiking and cycling, famous vineyards and beautiful sea coasts, this is the perfect place for a romantic getaway, especially if you stay in a Tuscany villa rental.
- Maui, Hawaii – famous for its white sand beaches, Maui has much more to offer, including some of the best star-gazing available.
- Devon, England – a small, country town, Devon has numerous bed and breakfasts where you and your loved one can spend a cozy week exploring the quiet, yet breathtaking scenery and town.
Whether you want to spend a lazy and relaxing week on the beach, enjoy a Tuscany villa rental, take a few risks on an adventure vacation or have a quiet retreat, one of these top five romantic getaways can offer you and your significant other the alone time and romance you want from a vacation.
Jake Alexander is a free lance writer who enjoys blogging about travel. Follow him @JakeAlexander17.