Vacations are a great way to release you from the frustrations of daily life. If you are planning a vacation it is important to remember to bring along all your essentials. The best way to remember everything is to make a check list. This will ensure that you do not leave behind anything necessary and end up either doing without or spending money to replace it. Besides making a check list for your trip you must also make a check list for your home. Making certain that everything is in order before you leave. The last thing you want to do is come home to a house that is less than pleasant.
Packing for Your Vacation
Whether you are travelling by air bus, train or water preparing ahead of time can save you aggravation on your vacation. While most people remember to take enough clothing many people often overlook items that can present a real problem when they are left out.
- Cash – Today most people consider their bank cards sufficient as a replacement for cash. But what happens if the card doesn’t work? This happens more frequently that you might imagine. Preparing for your vacation should include a supply of cash in the event that you are unable to use your account. Of course no one wants to carry cash in their wallet so it can be in the form of traveller’s checks too. Having a back-up plan will allow you to enjoy your vacation even if you experience trouble with your bank and then handle it upon your return.
- Personal records – Passports, bank account information, driver’s license and credit card numbers should all be copied and kept in a secure location away from your wallet or purse. In the event that they are lost or stolen you will have a copy of the information you need on hand.
- Medical supplies/Medications – If you are under a doctor’s care and require medication daily it is important to remember to refill it prior to your vacation especially if you are leaving the country. Medical supplies are also important items such as a first aid kit.
- Suntan lotion – Most people forget this item and just assume they can purchase it when they reach their destination. But if you are taking a cruise for your vacation the sun begins when you step onto the vessel. Being left exposed to the harmful rays of the sun for even a short period of time can cause your body damage. Since most people travel to warmer climates than they are accustomed to this can happen quickly. Having sunscreen on hand and applying it prior to exposure will allow you to fully enjoy your vacation.
- Power strip and phone charger – While so many electronic being used by you and your family, having a portable power strip packed away may just save the day. Portable DVD players, mobile phones, computers and digital cameras all require charging. By having the power strip you and your family will be able to use your gear at any given moment especially if the weather is less than desirable.
While there are many other things we tend to forget such as our toiletries and a tooth brush, those items can easily be purchased while on vacation and will not prevent you from having a good time. Planning ahead for your vacation can make your time away that much more enjoyable.
Gem Wilson is a writer who loves to travel and ensures that each time she thinks about booking Gulet holidays, that she has everything in place and knows what she must take with her.